Learn how to create a realistic and dynamic cloud illustration using Adobe Illustrator with our guide. From sketching to vector tracing and layering, our guide covers all the essential steps for creating a cloud illustration that is both aesthetically pleasing and accurate.
1. From the toolbox, choose the Pen tool. Or press the keyboard shortcut (P).
2. To create an anchor point, click on the middle of the page.
3. To create another anchor point, click again and drag the mouse to adjust the curve. Then release the mouse. Now there are two anchor points.
4. Move the mouse over the last anchor point, notice that there is a caret (^) next to the Pen symbol; Click to select the last point.
5. Click again to create another anchor point and adjust the curve.
6. Make the clouds by repeating this process. Colour the clouds with no stroke and fill the gradient of black and white.
7. Create thunder.
8. Choose the Pen tool. Make some straight lines to create the shape of the thunder. Again, colour the thunder with ash coloured stroke and a gradient fill of black and white.
9. Position the thunder on the clouds.
10. Make a few straight lines that indicate the rain fall. Use only gradient fill and no stroke to create the rain fall effect for the straight lines.